Thursday, December 27, 2012

We kissed on a corner then danced through the night

How was your Christmas? I celebrated mine in a haze of semi-expensive alcohol and Proenza Schouler, it seemed like the only plausible escape. Chloe went back to California and Stephanie successfully faked a cold to get out of the dinner party I warned her about. So much for gratitude.

Mother's obnoxious friends and their son - the Victoria's Secret fetishist - arrived at exactly 6 pm like I knew they would, I made sure I was still in the shower. Just as I got out, wearing nothing but a towel, Frank showed up unexpectedly (at least to me). He winked at me as I rushed past him into my room, I caught a quick glimpse of his stripe lined Paul Smith overcoat and the milk-white lilies he held behind his back.

Mother uncovered the 15 pound turkey on the table with ill-disguised pride (not that she made it herself of course) and an "abracadaver" instead of the more traditional "ta-dah". A couple of bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau later I called Henry, he graciously agreed to meet me on Lexington and save me from the horror of coming back to discover the mini devil sleeping in my bed.










33 comments:

  1. The only way to have Christmas dinner is with an out. Alcohol. Henry. May not need one, but an out is always nice to have in your back pocket.

    xx
    Lulu
    ablueoctober.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a "great" Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a lovely Christmas, and I love the beautiful black and white photos.

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your christmas was better than mine;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful,followed. Nice blog tho :)

    www.callmemrsfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that you got to escape and spend some of Christmas with Henry. :)
    Lovely photos!

    aspiringforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, great post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pictures!
    love it so much!
    should we follow each other?
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. great black and whites <3
    xxxxx LOOOOVE
    enjoy your weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos! <3

    xoxo
    http://cupofnovember.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful shots you have here <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos.. lovely words full of mystery too..

    ReplyDelete
  14. you write so well. i love your photos, but it's your writing that hooked me. you remind me so much of 10.17, practically the first blog i fell in love with

    ReplyDelete
  15. The name of your blog is absolutely fab. Gorgeous picture!

    Puck | ONEOFPOINTS.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful post and WHAT A GREAT TITLE!!! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your writing,it's fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have such a way with words, i always enjoy reading ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. :) Very different Christmas from mine. And as always, beautiful sentimental photos.

    Thank you for the comment. x

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos! My sister and I did a secret rum tasting to make xmas a little merrier :)

    Elise
    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pictures!

    www.safisticated.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing pics. I wish you all the best in 20134 and that all dreams comes true. Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin? Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful photography.

    xx

    http://impressthepress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice photos!
    http://sweetpopcornsblog.blogspot.com.es/
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Share