Sunday, December 23, 2012

23 - "I know what this means to you"

The wasteland between us, it's still there after nine months but he's always closer to me than I think I can handle. I remember waking up in my father's car late at night to that song, I thought I smelled gasoline and fresh charcoal but it might just have been a dream.

When I needed to get away I would call Carl and he would pick me up outside our house. I would sit in the backseat and watch him in the rear view mirror, his eyes would glow like fireflies in the dark. Sometimes I would ask him to bring that CD, he never asked any questions.

When I moved to New York he sent me a letter, it took me two weeks to open it and when I did I found a quote from a song about living forever and his own words in the blackest of ink: "I know what this means to you."




9 comments:

  1. In the blackest of ink..
    Does it make the words more solid? More true? More permanent?

    xx
    Lulu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may be strangers, but I have fallen in love with your words, my dear! You are lovely in all definitions of the word.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice words and pictures dear <3

    http://rosaliaj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot babe! Love it<3
    Btw thanks for commenting on my blog ya, happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing and photos are so beautiful! You're such an inspiration and so talented- I also do writing on my blog and I would really appreciate any advice you could give me!

    Love x x x
    http://theabnormalconvention.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Share