Thursday, December 13, 2012

13 - "I look like a wedding cake!"

Stephanie is like a child around Christmas, running up and down Fifth, photographing the lights and trying on everything red at Barneys (pictured: Isabel Marant).

Later we talk about Los Angeles and the constant overdoses of cheap superficiality. I bought her a silver white Prada dress once because it made her look like a wedding cake, it was adorable. "Do I look pretty" she asked me in the fitting room, I was sure she'd see it too but she didn't.

She brought it home and wore it for days before calling me, I could hear she was crying. "That dress you gave me" she sobbed, "I look like a wedding cake!" I don't know if someone told her or if she saw it herself, but in that particular moment I loved her more than ever before.























2 comments:

Share