Tuesday, December 11, 2012

11 - "We have to become friends now"

She sounds like a summer storm when she sleeps. I remember her from when we first met, I had secretly watched her (like Carl) because she intrigued me, she wasn't like the rest of the sheep flock in her tailored coats and designer scarves.

I didn't intrigue her, I was just one of the others but when I talked to her she really listened. She was alone but never lonely, or so it seemed, and she told me about a dead bird she had found under a magnolia tree earlier that summer. She had buried it but felt guilty as the winter came so she dug it up and kept the skeleton in a cigar box in her night stand drawer.

I remember holding my breath as she told me, she looked deep into my eyes, took my hand in hers and said that now we had to be friends because we shared a secret. It was one of the most truthful things I had ever heard.









5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I was especially touched by the bird..Don't know why.

    Thank you for the comment.

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. that poor bird. that scene seems so real...
    beautiful writing, i'm following you
    thank you for having visited FASHIONCROUTON.

    franci

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^I think it is more surreal than so real, like a snapshot of a dark children's story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful. I touched.

    Jessie xx

    ReplyDelete

Share