Sunday, December 9, 2012

09 - "No happy endings, Avy"

He never said Avy to me, he'd always call me flower, princess or angel, my father. He drove off and never came back, those were the last words he ever said to me. Mother came to school a few hours later, apparently panicking but impeccably dressed as always (that white mink coat always reminds me of Cruella De Vil, it's a look that really suits her).

Sometimes I forget what he looked like, there are no pictures of him, he was always the one behind the camera. He failed me for the first and only time and they told me he was broken, that something was missing in his life but it's not true. He just had too much of everything and most of all he had what made him the man he was and that so many others are lacking: a truthful, beating heart.









10 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and sad. i love you're writing, you actually have something to say and you do it well. i wish you all the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sad story, you moved me
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the most enticing posts. You're one of the few blogs I check regularly and read continuously. Always something meaningful and personal but really well composed.

    Praise for sharing such great posts xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I sit in an airplane, before takeoff, I always think to myself about life. Am I happy? If I died today, would that be ok? The answer is usually yes... it would be ok if I died today. The thing about endings, though, is that we'll never know if it's a happy one until it's all said and done - And that isn't really for us to dictate.

    Maybe there are happy endings and we just can't see them yet because the story is not over.

    xx
    Lulu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are addicting in the best way.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. we who have too much inside are doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe you'll like:

    http://funnymanwithdogeyesandahangingtongue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing about the past, and our memories of the past when we tend to live in them, things there can become larger than life if we let them.

    They are frozen in time and we build upon those frozen memories adding to them making them grow in place. They do not face the ups and downs that people we see everyday do.

    It is a lot harder for a person to be alive in your present than your past.

    ReplyDelete

Share