Friday, December 7, 2012

07 - "I'd go anywhere for you"

I had known Carl for three years when he fell in love with me one July (or whatever it is you do when you're 13). We had spent a lot of time together in and around our summer house, taking long walks, watching the sunset from tall trees and chasing butterflies through flowery fields. He would sit beside me and hold my hand in his and we would talk about nothing and everything, just the two of us.

We went further away from the house than ever before one night, it was late and my skin looked like silver grey velvet in the dark. I only heard his footsteps behind me and the wind in the treetops, we found another house in the middle of the woods and no one seemed to live there. We climbed in through an open window, the old fireplace in the corner was filled with ashes and they were cold and felt like just like sand does long after the sun has set by the ocean.

When I walked away from that house alone I thought I heard butterfly wings strike everywhere around me and it sounded like thunder. I don't remember what I said to Carl the next time I saw him but I remember the smell of the Gauloise haze and his face that looked just like I remembered it even after all those years.








14 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered writing a book,short stories,memoirs whatever.You are really good with words :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photo ! :)
    your blog is so wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, with a few words, said so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Carl can know, one day, how you feel. Some people just never leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. with each word,I couldn't stop imagining the whole situation of yours! (:
    beautifully written..

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your writing...its magical, transport me there

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic writing! makes me want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww

    Soooo sweeet....

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved it! that type of memories make us who we are, and will never leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lonely place, but I should hope it hasn't changed. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waht a really nice picture :)
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Avy, I adore you.
    Carl sounds lovely, young love is the best. we always remember those boys don't we?
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!
    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs..
    Instangram @pathyamorinha
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete

Share