Wednesday, December 5, 2012

05 - "Are you afraid of the dark?"

I'll never forget the look on mother's face when I came home and told her I was in love with an older man. I was 9, he was 10 and looked like a mini version of Jude Law, always with a silk scarf carefully wrapped around his boyish neck. I left secret lipstick kisses (Guerlain Rouge Automatique) on the door of his locker and watched his reaction from behind a corner.

He walked me home from school once, it was late and he asked me if I was afraid of the dark. I don't remember what I said but we came to spend a lot of our time together like that, in the dark, listening to Rolling Stones albums on his bed, driving around in his car, taking long walks through the woods surrounding our summer house.

He fell in love with me and I pushed him away, years later when we met again I started calling him Carl. He never asked me why but I think he understands. Our history is a minefield and there are so many things I still want to ask him.













7 comments:

  1. you have a blog so interesting! a lot of compliments

    xo Lelli, italian fashion family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you write all these short entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really sweet story, reminds me of a spring love <3 thanks btw for visiting my blog Avy ;)

    ~aMz/aiMee http://amz88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fate is fun to ponder and imagine what might have been and could have been! Did you ever hear of childhood romances being reignited after decades! I've heard of that kind of reconnection after what most call a lifetime and I think it is so cool!!!

    Loving your blog,
    -Lauren at adorn la femme
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The past is always a minefield. The more one go backs to it the riskier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love Your Posting,,I Also Have Such Of Love Secret That Like Your Own ..BTW,You Are The Best
    http://www.womanformanlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Share