Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Drifting away

Chloe still won't tell me why she's been acting strange, not that I've dared asked her. I'm always afraid we'll drift apart, that maybe everything has finally been said and there are no words left to share between us. It's so different with Carl, we can go months without even talking, but with Chloe I need those constant reminders that she's still there, not just in body but in spirit.

We went to Monte Carlo one summer and gambled on my mother's credit card until the bank called her and asked if anything was wrong. We ended up having to get by on what we could get from the pretty people on the 40 ft yachts in the harbor, pretending we were 16 year old tourists from Madrid. They wanted sex in return of course, but Chloe was too smart for them. For almost a month we lived alone in an empty three bedroom apartment overlooking the ocean, learning basic Spanish for the act.

It's one of those things I remember and sometimes wonder about, if maybe the best times we'll have are already behind us. When I look at her now, the way that she is, I don't see a future, just the past.







36 comments:

  1. I would love to be that brave as you and Chloe... to act as he world will end tomorrow...

    Miss B.

    http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, crazy story!
    kisses from Madrid,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  3. A summer like that sounds amazing. Crazy, but amazing.

    aspiringforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling of a best friend not being 'normal'. Hope things get back to how it used to be :)

    ❤Not Just My Allegories❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i do hope that things get better between the two of you, most especially for chloe. beautiful writing, as always <3

    inspiration from the little things

    ReplyDelete
  6. learning a whole new language for an act? that's dedication ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my wow... beautiful writing as always.. I sense some deeper emotions somewhere.. all of it's deep..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memories are all right, but whats the use if there's no room for new ones?
    You just have to decide if there is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is it that we lose ourselves in the past and forget how to be here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hate that feeling oh so much, and yet i feel exactly the same about one of my friends right now :/ good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate it when people just drift away.... but great writing and beautiful photographs :D
    Amy
    http://dontfeedthebirdsplease.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so real .... I am curious as to where this would lead ... loved your post as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your posts. It is almost like an episode of Gossip girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All things run their course maybe there is something or someone else out there waiting to be found by you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I long for my summers to have as amazing adventures as you speak of.

    blueprintsofwinnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. so amazing! i don't know if it's true or you just write it only with your imagination but what I can tell is that You are really adorable!! you are one of a kind!! you made every readers to think deep and feel with the story!! phew!! you are really great!!
    HAVE A BRILLIANT DAY!!!
    greetings from ヽ(^。^)ノ

    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

    ヽ(●^o^●)ノ http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. my dearest Avy, real friends don't fade. And so is Chloe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing!

    come sign up for our $100 shopbop giveaway!
    wewearthings

    ReplyDelete
  19. if everything you write here is true... then you must be a really strong person. if not - then, you've created a beautiful story. love the way you write, it's so... delicate.
    and photos under each post are amazing!
    xoxo
    no--quarter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. We adore your style and your blog, maybe want to follow each other?!:)


    LOVE,
    fashiono2.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. those shots are so beautifully delicate :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share