Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poison ivy

Today's outfit: la tristesse. So few of my earliest memories include my father, but it's not because he was never around. I know he was, but somehow he's been filtered out of so many of the snapshots from a cherry blossomed childhood. When I think back I see us alone together, seldom or never in the company of others, and the tone of the images is harsher, more direct.

And sometimes in the silence and solitude he left behind I can't escape the itching from two little things, one that inevitably leads to the other. I think of the question without answer; what if they were the happiest times of our lives and what if nothing will ever compare to them, and what's even worse and what cuts inside me like an unsharpened butcher's knife whenever it comes to mind, I sometimes think that what if the happiest times of my life were not spent with him?


17 comments:

  1. It actually hurts. A bitter fact though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is an illusion,much like love itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know when you write about your father, your words automatically become much more expressive than they ever feel, you become much more intense than I think you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is always perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible photos and writing, as always!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd like to give you a hug, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sugar.coated.sour

    we are.




    I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a process to be human. Sending you white light and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh. I just remembered how hear breakingly perfect your writing is! GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the comment!
    I really love you photos...they're awesome!
    s.
    http://hipandchips.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. your writing is so moving and evocative. I feel like I'm living the experience with you and obviously that's impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a wonderful blog dear! Super unique and interesting! I am giving away $50 to ASOS and I would love for you to stop by an enter!
    xoxo
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/2012/04/50-to-asos-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes love the writing and the blog is really nice
    text for free at
    http://textme4free.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog!:) +follower:D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Share