Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The girl that never sleeps

The serenity of a voluntary insomnia at 3 a.m., getting out of bed and walking silently barefoot over algid floorboards; standing by an open window with the February winds blowing through your clothes, glittering city streetlights like a starry winter sky outside.

New York is my sanctuary, the complete opposite of the mental institution that is Los Angeles and my home. I can breathe here, the air seems lighter somehow, my footsteps less strained knowing I don't have to put on the mask of popular convention wherever I go.

They say you can never run away from yourself and maybe it's true. Maybe this is all just a dream, but in it I get to be whoever I want and I'm not yet ready to wake up. The taste of disinhibition is just way too sweet. Come with me if you like.

20 comments:

  1. maybe it's the perfect place for you to be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams, where you're most comfortable, actually are like dreams themselves. Once you get used to being yourself, that is in a dream, it gets hard to survive the actual reality.

    Love you. Happy Valentine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. Would love to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.

    http://lifeslessonsandtrivialdetails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You received an award at http://snow-bow.blogspot.in/
    CONGRATULATIONS!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi gorgeous,
    just found your blog by chance while peeking on others and i must tell you that it´s so lovely well structured and inetresting that it kept me totally hooked. I'm your new follower and would like to invite you to visit mine and to follow back if you appreciate it.

    wish you lots of success!!!

    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been a long time since the last time I read your post ):
    also its been a long time since the last time I sit at an open window and felt the fresh air...

    xoxo,
    http://rosalinaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Avy , YOU can really be anyone you want! maybe you are not running away at all, you are just in the place where you can be your true self!

    love your picture,

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LA is definitely a mental institution, and, like Hollywood, all hype.

    NY has a heart, and fresh blood pumps through it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New York is the most enchanting place on earth <3 Lovely photo! thanks for stopping by my blog, always appreciated!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighting is beautiful!

    http://stories-of-a-student.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such an interesting blog. Thank you for commenting on mine.

    That's a gorgeous picture x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words are sweet as pie. And these cloudy photos reflect them! How gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this series of photos as much as your writing. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little blog is soooo sweet ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share