Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goodbye my love

Looking into his eyes suddenly feels like something I've never done before, even though that's not even close to the truth. We've been here many times but not like this and I don't listen to a word he's saying. He's handsome in a blue Jil Sander sports jacket, I'm imagining his reaction when I tell him. He goes to the bar to order another round of drinks, I watch him from behind wishing he'll turn around and smile at me.

My heart dances on a frozen lake every time I think of what to say, how things are about to change, and then I see them. Him and Chloe. They're on the other side of the room just under a spotlight, she kisses him and he runs his fingers through her chestnut hair.

The last words my father ever said to me were "no happy endings, Avy". He used my name, he didn't call me flower or angel like he used to do and I should have known it was a sign that things would never be the same again.

27 comments:

  1. this is wrenching

    I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'No Happy Endings' I feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry love.
    "No happy endings"... very true
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear..this sounds so sad...
    I'm so sorry, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww...that's too bad but for what it's worth,pain only makes you stronger.And this post is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much beauty in your sadness, and I am almost ashamed to write this as what we perceive as beauty might be your pain.
    Maybe nothing ends well, because the end ends everything, good and bad

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. You're stronger now, in a new way.

    http://andreas-7am.blogspot.com
    hope you follow back

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! Be strong! I'm so sad :(

    mayasfashioncorner.blogspot.com

    Xoxo, Maya <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas in the same post. love them all.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry, even though this doesn't fix anything, and your probably thinking "not as sorry as I am." but, you've made something beautiful with your words from this pain

    ReplyDelete
  11. rad blog title. very memorable. lols.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, Avy. But lemme tell you a rule in which this world works. 'Change, Accept, or Leave'!

    And lemme tell you one more thing, for us, your readers, you're a great example who can accept the change without leaving and changing anything yourself. So, just know you're much more than who you think you are. Do not give up, that's just not your thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pics!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belle Plume !
    je vous tire mon chapeau
    http://saraelie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post!

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following you.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. no happy endings. yeah, no matter how much we try to change things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most incredible style of writing! We adore your blog and your honest! Lovely. Really.
    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your posts. And the way you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your style of writing !
    veronika
    www.livinginwinterpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks <3
    I like your blog, but I'm french so I don't understand all you say >.<

    ReplyDelete

Share