Sunday, December 18, 2011

Memento non mori

Chloe knows what it means to dress up so she came to me in her best YSL and smokey eyes Friday night, light as a feather without even trying. When she paints her lips red as blood she shoots you down harder than any heroine from the French Nouvelle Vague. Sometimes I think of what could happen if she only knew how to use it.

She saved my life once. I carelessly mixed some pills I found in mother's bedside table with too much alcohol before going out, and ended up collapsing on the dance floor. Chloe dropped everything, forced me to throw up and fed me water till I threw up again. When we got home she sat next to me on the floor all through the night, keeping me warm and awake while the shivering slowly wore off.

This time I just wanted to be close to her so we lit a fire and shared a bottle of wine in the dark. When the morning approached I told her I was cold, so she stepped out of her dress and gave it to me. It's her way of saying she knows how nothing makes me warm like her naked porcelain skin.

And all I can think of now: why don't moments like those last forever?

23 comments:

  1. Its human nature to want such warm and touching moments last forever or happen some more times..but you know what, when you look back, you realize that the value of such moments remains as it is only if it happens once. And it SHOULD remain as it is.
    I'm glad to know Chloe entered your life. She's lucky for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy not to die, it is harder to live memento vivere is tattooed on my shoulder and I still fail to learn the lesson. To find someone you want to feel close to you for ever, seems to be harder... for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful writing. It's not always easy to put feelings into words, but you do it great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I think its really great! I like your outfit. I hope you can check out my blog too

    www.moldiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems amazing. You are really lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, Friends like that only exist in dreams. You are blessed with beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some friends can do anything for us :) It's lovely!
    Thank you for your wishes. Do come by again :)
    You have a pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "And all I can think of now: why don't moments like those last forever?"

    Well, I am on holiday and about to begin my 6th semester. I dont feel like it has been 3 years in university life. time flies! I dont want it to be over hahaha..

    Avy, its been while since the last time I read ur blog, so how r u?! have a great christmas holidayyy!

    xoxo,
    http://rosalinaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what amazing writing. You have a new follower! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful picture! =)


    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this photo is so nice! looks so innoccent <3
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    visit <3
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful writing ....
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely words that have such deeper meaning to them. <3 following you. my boyfriend and i created a blog featuring couples around the globe, inviting you to Like and Follow back ♥
    HIM AND HER
    HIM AND HER PROJECT

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your blog, it's so beautiful :)

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. "her naked porcelain skin" -This is my favorite line,awakening some sensations over here (not in an erotic way,but more of a feeling).You are blessed to have her there for you.Take care Avy,and have a nice Christmas holiday!
    Love,Just.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything you write draws me in and fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you have an amazing blog!! your writing is really good!

    come follow me back if you want :)

    xx
    http://nm-clindoeil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your pictures are so magical!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos. Love reading your blog.

    Kisses from Norwegian model, blogger and student
    http://karolinekalvo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share