Thursday, December 22, 2011

Melting of the ice

"I'll be home over Christmas", mother says on her way to the kitchen. It's not what she had wished for, it's never been a secret how much she hates sunny California this time of year. She grabs a bottle of tonic water from the fridge and sinks down next to me on the sofa.

I don't know why she won't go to New York like she would have wanted, but she tries hard to act as if she's not disappointed and asks me that question again, her head slightly tilted to the left: "you love me, don't you"?

I'm not supposed to answer, so I change the subject and ask if anyone will be joining us. Hernan still comes and goes and mother's mood changes accordingly. "No" she says, "you're all I have". She grabs my hand and holds it for about two seconds. I guess that's a start.




12 comments:

  1. yes it is a start. merry christmas avy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

    PS Good to see such colourful pictures on your post. :) It inspires, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a lovely christmas avy
    love
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics! and i really like ur blog , maybe we could follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics and Merry Xmas...

    http://makeupnonsolo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. your good to your fragile mom.

    ReplyDelete

Share