Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A memory

10 am, I'm violently pulled out of a nightmare as mother calls me from New York. I hadn't even noticed she was gone but it must be important since she brought her eggshell colored shirtwaist dress and her most valued pearls. She tells me she'll be away for the weekend and asks if I mind looking after her flowers. Of course not, I say, knowing she's really talking about something else.

4 hours later: for a while I was relieved to be out of my dream, but it haunts me even as I'm awake. Something is slowly catching up with me, something we never talk about, but for some reason he's still in love with me. I think I need to see him again soon.

13 comments:

  1. This made my night =]
    Take care of yourself Avy,and don't forget to smile every once in a while.
    Love,Just.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new layout--those black and white images are beautiful. As usual, I could melt into your words and live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner! <3
    I hate when old feelings come back to haunt me.

    ♥Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep smiling lovely!

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling thanks for your sweet comment
    I follow you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post, keeps me thinking of dreams and people of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning as always. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh, this makes me think of my current affairs.

    Last night I dreamed about a man falling in love with and my family falling ill. It was scary, but I'll spare you the heart wrenching details.

    Anyways, when I woke up I was so grateful that it was just a dream, but then I remembered my boyfriend who I lost my virginity to a month ago kissed another girl at a party and all sentiments of that love was lost. It instantly spun me back to being sad again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fan - a mostly silent fan but a fan none the less... xo - E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very dreamy ;)

    www.twinfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Share