Saturday, November 5, 2011

All hallows

One of the benefits of living in this city of angels is that it's Halloween all year round. Not that people here are like living dead, but they're all posing as something they're not. The sad part of it is that walking down Sunset or Melrose, only the dressed up street performers seem to know and accept the fact that their pretty exteriors are fake.

This year, Chloe and I pretended we were old fashioned models, wearing vintage Chanel and dark sunglasses, smoking menthol cigarettes using mother's old Breakfast at Tiffany's style holders. We wandered the crowded streets arm in arm, fantasizing about a long lost era, and I missed my father. I drank too much cheap Russian vodka in another naive attempt to forget, by now I should know it only makes it worse.

Hernan woke me up the next morning, asking if it was a pleasant dream. "You were moaning". I only remembered the smell of gasoline and the birds, that minacious cloud of ravens silently circling over my head in the dark.

"Yes, I guess it was".

In my dream I wore a wedding dress, under the white silk sheets in my bed I was naked. Chloe had already left.

23 comments:

  1. perceptive smart one, particularly the 1st paragraph. then i saw those vintage models who probably look exquisite, with & without their costumes. that hernan however annoys me. am i alone in that sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink never seems to help and it isn't only in La that people hide behind facades. There the facades are just shinier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O. sounds delish. channel jackets and smoking
    arm in arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these images you create. if we are becoming our surface, or are increasingly reducing ourselves to the surface, than this is the best way to deal with it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first paragraph <3
    And old fashioned models? That's a great idea; bet you 2 looked great.

    ♥Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be a loyal follower to your blog, keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best dreams are often ones we can't remember.

    I bet you looked lovely, as usual, with your vintage Chanel. I take it Hernan is becoming a permanent fixture?

    Hugs of love,
    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there,im having a Gucci giveaway btw check it out http://mwanwan.blogspot.com/2011/10/gucci-giveaway.html
    ,dont forget to share it will your friends as well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hooked the first sentence. Really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pics and great blog!
    Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice pic

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fantastic post. Love your blog, if you want visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow abck

    ReplyDelete
  14. hI , i love this photo! It's so cute!
    I'm now following you , do the same if you like mine:
    WWW.FASHIONSCARFBOY.COM
    Kisses Andy

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time on you blog! It's really nice!!!
    Maybe we can follow each others if you want!
    Have a nice day...

    (Bloggin about Fashion: www.the-parisienne.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always remember bad dreams :( great blog btw!wanna follow each other?
    xoxo

    Limonspective

    ReplyDelete
  17. This picture is SO beautiful. I want to live on your bed.

    ReplyDelete

Share