Monday, October 31, 2011

Soon, Dolores

One of the things I remember: beside my father in his car, never in the back seat, driving in the middle of the autumn night with street lights like pearls in the darkness. He would be calm and make me calm and we would be the only ones fighting against the evils of this horrid world. Just him and me past fields and forests in the dark, going out and away from the metropolitan lights and the people, further and further until everything was black. On our own but not alone, not running away but searching for something bigger beyond the city borders. We would never find it but the dream of it being out there somewhere was enough, and the feeling of closeness would invade my system as he looked at me.

I remember the serenity when we would pull over somewhere and just breathe together. It follows from the absent need of saying anything at all, when everything has already been done and the rest is silence.

But above all, I remember thinking that maybe these are the finest moments of our lives, that maybe nothing will ever be better than this. It scared me back then and it scares me know, as I come closer and closer to knowing whether it was true or not.




15 comments:

  1. this is my fave line, ..."in the middle of the autumn night with street lights like pearls in the darkness."... perfect post for halloween. is there ever a way to know, if it's the finest moment or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is amazing!!!!
    kisses from greece
    mary
    http://leggalyblonde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... its a great post! Thanks for sharing the story!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly mesmerized by your blog. I haven't read anything this well written in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for commenting!!! love you blog, pictures are amazing!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah I love the name of your blog!!! :) following

    ReplyDelete
  7. hhaha, what are you talking about we do winter in la, its gonna be cold this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. its not true, i can't be, you are too passionate, too alive, and i don't want it to be true, for neither of us

    *hearts*

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you!

    I love the way you write.. you've got a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's beautiful when you're not fighting the evils alone, I hope you always have one person or another to hold on to. And even more beautiful is your use of metaphor. You are a diamond.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ''Being out there together''. So true...

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS: I really enjoy your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. slience between two people who care for each
    other and just join in the spirit is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your blog is so inspiring. WOW.
    i love it.<3
    http://carriefeverish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share