Friday, October 21, 2011

She gave away the secrets of her past

Mother sticks her head in the doorway, I can smell the pot and Sambuca from 10 feet away. "I'm going away for the weekend" she says. "With Hernan". She sounds different, like she's implicitly asking for my permission. When I don't answer she laughs nervously and blows me a kiss.

In her diary:

78-11-12

We've landed in Moscow, all our papers seem to be in order but the security personnel have to check everything at least twice. I can talk to them in Russian, I think it makes T feel inadequate or useless. He likes to be in control, just like me, and I can see it's hurting him. I'm trying my best to be careful, for the first time in my life I guess. I don't want to step on him, he's way too beautiful. He's like a butterfly, those delicate wings ready to take him of the ground any time now.

7 comments:

  1. he's way to beautiful, like a butterfly. O.
    I want a beautiful butterfly man.

    your mom's diary touches a nerve with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiii, great post.. your blog is wonderful so I'll follow you immediately and if you want and like you can follow me back! a big kiss from
    http://usuallyonsundaymorning.blogspot.com/
    Have a nice day ;)
    Ele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the photo. I have this odd infatuation with Russia, or anything Russian.
    Thanks for the comment love, means a lot. =)

    ♥Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! we love your post!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for your nice comment :) ! I love this photos !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a rather beautiful photo and a rather eloquently written diary entry of your mother's. Ah love, such a precious little thing is is...she's wise to treat it with such delicateness.

    ReplyDelete

Share