Monday, October 17, 2011

Dreams

A quiet weekend passed, over umbrella drinks Saturday someone asked me "have you ever had a dream so real you were sure you were awake". I wanted to say how I wish life felt as real as my dreams do, but I didn't want to be reminded. It's never winter in LA but when I dream of snow everything suddenly becomes so clear and obvious, in perfect focus, like it was when I was a kid. I guess it's some sort of consolation that if I can dream it then maybe I can still feel it in real life too. Maybe I can still feel something the way I once did.

Mother found me one day in her closet, reading that diary. She was furious and screamed to me I was never allowed to see it ever again. She hid it well because I haven't seen it since, but what she doesn't know is I had already copied every last word by hand. I must have known how important it was before I saw what it meant to her.

22 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read what you wrote, I picture everything. It's like I can see what you're describing. Your writing is amazing xoxo

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! finding your mom's diary might help u to find how she actually feels :D
    I used to hv a private diary as well, and I always keep it safely, I will never let anyone find it.

    xoxo,
    rosalinaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a magical way of putting words together :) Love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice blog!
    I love the way you write ;)

    kisses
    reesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! so inspiring!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dreams are always better. Last night I dreamed I was Barbqueing with the band Linkin Park and there families. It still feels like something I did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice text and love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. spectacular picture and post. I'm following, nice blog and thanks for stopping by, follow me :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I love your style! You have very beautiful pics! I will follow you:)
    Big hug & kiss:)

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your writing and photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I'm back to blogging, just for the reason that I get to read your fabulous posts again. =)

    ♥Abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post! :) I like your blog, I follow you!

    http://lena510.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah i remember your blog now just by the titlel about jaggger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo. delish. reading moms diary in the closet.
    smart girl to copy her words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your writing, it's far from dull, we can actually feel what you write.

    ReplyDelete

Share