Saturday, October 29, 2011

Confusion

Mother is happy again, her roller coaster mood changed from Für Alina to Twist and Shout in an instant. "Hernan is coming over for dinner" she says as she passes by in the hallway, her Jimmy Choo heels clicking rhythmically over the marble floor. I spend too much time in bed but I lack the energy to do more. At least my orchids are flourishing, taking care of them is about as much work as I can put up with.

When Hernan finally comes around at 9 PM he kisses mother on the cheek, then looks over at me with those dark Mexican eyes. The perfect cliché, I can't believe it works on anyone, even mother. Later we're alone for a minute, I turn to him and say "you don't make her happy, so why are you here?" Smiling, he calmly answers "all happy families are alike, every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way".

I'm lost for words. How did he know that?


5 comments:

  1. What a doucheee.
    Beautiful picture, I wanna hang it on my wall <3
    Have a good weekend! =)

    ♥Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. wise words or not, i'm still left thinking he's an idiot. but then again that could be my twisted perception. unless he's a broken clock, only right twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently stumbled upon your blog and I have to say I am very intrigued! It has fast become one of my essential "blogs of the day" - I find myself constantly checking in to see what is happening in your world. I love how you write and I think its really passionate & beautiful. Can't wait for more! Xx

    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!! Now I’m a member of it. If you want visit my blog: www.drinkingacosmopolitan.blogspot.com
    and become member .
    THANKS A LOT!! I’ll follow you! Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've such a great blog!
    Love your style <3

    I really hope you check out my new blog sometime:
    www.ofthefoxandthedeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share