Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just because you feel good

Saturday was my birthday, after 18 I've come to see it mainly as an excuse to call people and get them to come over with gifts and alcohol. They did, so we drank too much and went into the night in our pretty little vintage dresses and stiletto heeled shoes. Walking the crowded streets looking for a club I got a strange feeling of time relentlessly moving forward never to come back. Maybe it was the Black Russians or the menthol cigarettes, but for the first time I could feel in my own blood how no youth can last forever, not even mine.

We found a bar where we could dance to sad songs and get more free drinks from boys in oversized black framed glasses. An ad man named Fred tried his best to convince me we would be together for the rest of our lives if I would just give him one night, but I had to tell him that could never happen. Despite my sudden age angst and dedication to live at least that particular night to the fullest, there's one thing I would simply never do: sleep with a guy wearing an Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirt.

20 comments:

  1. at least you stick to certain standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud the last line!

    Happy Birthday, my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo. Hope you enjoyed your day! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!
    We all are always here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday dahhhhling! love your pics almost as much as your writing.

    and nice "i 'd never" rule btw.

    kisses

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a "guy" i agree, go for Kenneth Cole or Ted Baker, no brand screaming out at you, so at least we men that wear them realise there is more to life than "BRAND", XX Happy Birthday btw, (JW-Alifeof surprises.com). I signed it that way as for some reason my account only lets me leave anonymous MSG's :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. avy your last line had me smiling with laughter. my 18 birthday sucked @$$. sounds like yours was better, well except for unrelenting, idiotic men.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you have taste even when angst filled and drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha.

    is this a 't-shirt' thing or an 'abercrombie & fitch' thing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is probably one of the coolest posts i've ever read.

    xo zebra and meerkat

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha great post and thanx for your comment!!!
    it's been a while i follow your blog!!!!!
    happiest birthday + stick to your standarts :D

    xxx
    naiad
    http://stateofgracebynaiad.blogspot.com/
    Don't bother to pass by anytime..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog - it's a pleasure to read! :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really should have taken your advice two years ago and never have slept with a dude wearing an A&F t-shirt. It would have made my life much easier.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just wondering from where you get this inspiration to write :D I laughed for the last line :DD

    ReplyDelete
  15. AVY! Am so happy as I got an award. Then I decided to pass it to you (check it on my latest post). As I mentioned for hundred times, I love the way to convey n conceal ur feeling (: I also had followed u since months ago, I wish u may check mine n follow me back (:

    xoxo,
    http://rosalinaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photo!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photo is beautiful, I like the way you write and the last sentence ... HAHAHA !!!
    You've got a very lovely blog.
    See you,.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! :)

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm so in love with your writing. if someone collected all your entries and published it in a book or something, i would buy one for me and one for every friend of mine, so i could share all those little feelings your texts include.

    ps: it's two o clock in the morning in this part of the world, so please excuse my english..

    ReplyDelete

Share