Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's gonna be okay like everyone says

Saturday nights is like a theater if you just take a step back and watch the transformations happen. Young girls that started out in front of mirrors getting ready and pretty, dressing up and going out into the neon spattered darkness. They dance and drink and laugh before you meet them again on the way back home, their hair tousled, make up smudged, eyes wandering and you think in the quiet: when is it all too late? Not tonight but for good, not for them but for yourself. You look at them and you see time passing faster and faster before your eyes, until you reach that point in your life when all your choices are already made.

And it's time to wake up.

13 comments:

  1. What were you like when you were my age, 18?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mysterious! I love that about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's never too late. unless you're dead. fave line:.."neon spotted darkness"..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much honey for your lovely comment! Follow you!!

    Interesting post and point of view! And nice picture!!

    Have a great week, sweetie!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you speak my mind. you just phrase it better.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your writing. It really made me think! Beautiful words with a beautiful photo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your choices are never complete. Life keeps moving, you can always decide to take the wheel and steer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely photos! I have so many requests from bloggers to draw them it's hard to keep track, I just had a giveaway on my blog for my readers, I may do another one soon. xxo -nb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such dreamy photography, I love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://ef-justbuyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. seriously where do you get those mega cool masks? I have one but it was free with a bottle of Southern Comfort! lol

    ReplyDelete

Share