Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dolores, we're leaving

First a forest fire and then the threat of a massive blackout. It suits my mood; outwards I might look like a power failure but I'm slowly burning on the inside. Mother is worried about her furniture and clothes even though the fire was never really near us. It suits her too.

The first lines in her diary: We've both been running from something we didn't understand, and just as we were about to settle down we're going away again. I think he loves me, maybe that's why I'm willing to do this with him. For him. It's not a good reason, but it's the only one I have. For now anyway.

7 comments:

  1. made me think of that old song, lloyd cole's forest fire:
    "if we get caught in this wind, we could burn the ocean,if we get caught in this scene, we are gonna be undone...doesn't it make you smile/like a forest fire"

    but i know there are many more dimensions to this story.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the comparisons. You're a great writer :)

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writing as always. I hope you figure out a way to douse the fire, safely.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. as you offered me once, might I offer that I take care of you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling great to be back on blogger. Had taken a break from internet, actually.
    But here you are.. as wonderful as you were before. Hope you enjoyed your birthday!
    From India, with love. :)
    Arundhati,
    http://oceanhealdreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share