Friday, August 19, 2011

Discovery

I came to think of it just now, eleven I was, it had just happened. Mother tried to comfort me as I cried day and night, I failed to understand how she could be so calm. Everything was silence, as if no one had noticed a fallen star. It made me very angry.

Some day, it must have been a couple of weeks later, I suddenly felt the urge to dig into mother's closet. I buried myself in the soft fabrics, stopped breathing and pretended I was dead too. An hour went by, then two. Mother's voice calling my name from outside, I flipped through the shoe boxes and there it was, in the midst of Prada heaven; her diary.

13 comments:

  1. hey great post! :) i just discovered your blog and there's one i follow and i think you'd really like it http://barneynstilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you write, very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a beautiful post!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE URE TEXT! ALLWAYS....HUGS FROM SWEDEN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an exquisite writer, but your true beauty lies in your experiences and the wisdom with which you articulate them. It's difficult not to fall in love with your words. When I read you, it's like looking at a still-frame, or a memory I am only just re-remembering, and the emotion so raw and vulnerable, it creates a moving picture. Love it, can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually this post says a lot with just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beeeautiful blog!
    Following you! :)

    www.romiromiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post, you have a way with words!

    http://htblogging.blogspot.com/

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This slim slice of prose was very engrossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i cannot wait to read more, Avy, as usual! did you read it? i hope her words could not hurt you if you did...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this picture and I love the way you write.
    Very nice.

    Thanks for your comment.

    xxx, Kathi.

    ReplyDelete

Share