Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sky high in the airwaves























Hernan hasn't been around for over a week. I know it gets to mother because she doesn't play her Beatles songs anymore, like she does when she's happy.

Sunday I wake up from a violent dream. From downstairs I hear Shostakovich's Nocturne playing on the stereo. I go down in my nightgown and see her crying, an empty bottle of Chateau Margaux on the Persian carpet. Do you love me, she asks as I sit down next to her on the sofa. Of course I say. I'm a terrible liar but I can't say I love you because I have to when she looks this frail, like a little bird or a butterfly. Her hand in mine like a cold porcelain doll's.

Outside a warm wind pushes through the garden carefully, as if it lacked momentum, as if something was missing. Our flowers are slowly withering.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment, I had a good time and this post though incredibly sad is beautifully written. I was reading through your other posts, and you really do have a way with words. I hope things get better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby, I love your writting. It's so beautiful. You have a huge talent!
    Things will be better.
    I'm with you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flowers may wither, but some will bloom again. the strong beautiful one, with all those words inside her, she'll grow. i believe she already is.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one hell of a soul, you know that?
    Reading your words, well, they speak of freedom.
    :)

    I would plant a whole rose garden if I could

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely words for such a melancholy subject...things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you didn't tell your mother what you were thinking. We all need reassurance sometimes.

    xo, Sophia.
    http://apoetscircus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant as always. love you for being what you are. this was kind. very.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your heart is beautiful & your words
    are full of sweet honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have a talent for writing and what an amazing photos. Its perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Share