Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shine a light

Saturday night, just after a dinner for three in silence. I finally get tired of my misguided jealousy and call a dear friend I don't see as often as I should. He used to love me, I ask if he wants to pick me up with his car. Sure, he says, where do you want to go? It doesn't matter I say, just bring that CD.

He knows what I mean and shows up outside our house twenty minutes later. Can I sit in the back seat, I ask.

We drive for hours, past fields and forests that haven't yet burned down. I can smell the gasoline, just like I could years ago in another car, but this time I'm not afraid. I don't need his protection like I did back then when he was someone else, someone older. He looks at me through the rear view mirror, I turn away so he won't see me crying to the song we're playing over and over again.

I think you're the same as me
we see things they'll never see
you and I are gonna live forever

20 comments:

  1. your posts have really good depth to them, and are really intriguing! keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i allways think yhat i wont last long...L.O.V.E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't need his protection like I did back then when he was someone else, someone older.

    I really like the rawness of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sadly beautiful like the replacements song. oh i can understand & appreciate those words you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visually beautiful...I felt like I was right there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment. i love your blog, i follow you! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the past is both comforting and haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. My mother played pool with Mick Jagger, but it didn't go further than that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your comment (:
    very nice blog <3

    http://nathalie-skywalker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post, love the photos! and you're blog is great! :)

    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/ <--- Moi

    :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Avy :) Definitely, Maybe is one of my favorite albums, and Live Forever is my favorite song from that album. Thanks commenting on my blog and leading me to your blog. I love seeing posts that connect me to other people! <3

    ahanimal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post my Dear following love this great blog follow me if u like. Kisses www.preppyfashionis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share