Saturday, July 9, 2011

Just like girls

This summer seems unusually hot, but maybe it's just my longing for rain that makes me forget. S and the boy she's into are here, she's once again refused to see him on her own and made me promise to go out with them later. His middle name is Henry, he dresses like a Backstreet Boy but has a sweet voice and sincere green eyes.

Mom's already out, we raid her closet for the perfect designer outfits. Henry is on the bed, helping us choose. Try that one instead he says, just to get another glimpse of us in our underwear. S giggles, I play along.

After deciding on combinations of Prada (shirt), Trussardi (jeans), Comme des Garçons (dress) and a splash of Chanel Nº 5, she and I take our Singapore Slings up to the roof. I pretend I need to smoke but it's a lie to get away. I never have to smoke.

How will I know if I love him, she asks. He will break your heart I say, so try not to. She looks sad and I immediately wish I could lie to her. Cynicism has a way of making you inexorably truthful.

18 comments:

  1. the very last line says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with Teddi.Lovely posts Avy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indonesia is completely HOT as well. My air conditioner doesnt work due to technical problem, I ahte this! ):

    HUGS,
    http://rosalinaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love LOVE your blog, soo cute.

    defiantly following you.

    follow me if you like? x

    www.lemonworldmute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, i wish it was hot here. Sadly, its not. Rain, rain, rain.

    Oh, Chanel No.5 is my grandmas favourite perfume and ive grown up smelling it, its so beautiful! :)


    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very quaint, it's very pretty! Perhaps you'd like to follow each other?

    http://paperbirdi.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Avy how are you??
    glad to read your blog again.. X)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your writing, its breathtaking. I love that last line. I am too honest too so I feel ya.

    Loving your blog to bits x

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with the last line you said. It helps and that's how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i find that even when it kills, i never regret not lying
    because at least in the end you can always claim that you were honest
    or maybe its just if you always protect people nothing ever gets interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm feeling for s (henry) - 3's a crowd with young love....but seeing the two of you trying on your mum's clothes would've been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better a sad truth than a happy lie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts are always so cool. It feeds my voyeuristic side without having me try too hard. lol Thanks for the sweet comment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a cynic, but I'm fearless. I've had my heart broken and superglued back together so many times that it's difficult to breathe some days. You barrel on, you break again. I'm a fool. We fall in love all the time.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey thanks for the nice comment on my blog! I've just spent a half hour reading through yours! Such great writing!

    ReplyDelete

Share