Thursday, July 14, 2011

Changes






















I remember finding that journal for the very first time, I was twelve and another autumn had just begun. I sat on the floor in the library all through the quiet night, hypnotically reading. As I got to the part where he decided to leave New York and move to Los Angeles I cried as silently as I could so mother wouldn't hear. It was a painful reminder of what a good person he was, and what a poor choice he made.

Now, years later, I can also see how all those choices affect us throughout our entire lives. Nothing he ever got was what he really deserved, except maybe for a daughter that loved him more than anything. And I'll never know if he thought it was worth it.

13 comments:

  1. and that dear girl is where the writer in you comes from. parts of him. for who else, but a writer would keep a journal?

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful. I hope you know that :)

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sensational....

    love ur blog <3
    following u now

    Follow me on:
    Miss Kwong

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure he would say 'having you was worth it all'. Parents tend to think that way.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. He knows that it was worth everything he did and got in return.. Having you as his daughter was worth it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just started reading your blog. You are very inspirational and a great writer. Lovely formation of words and thoughts and for letting us into your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading just one post I found that you're very honest and direct. I appreciate people like you. xxx
    (thank you for your comment).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is fantastic, your way of writing is just so sensational, hypnotic - I can't stop reading! Wonderful :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! I'm a follower now (:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such inspirational words. In love with your blog. Keep it up.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silence is often the sound of hearts breaking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to think that people get what's coming to them, but it doesn't always seem to go that way. All we can do is believe that what happened to us, whether good or bad, is a piece of who we become.

    ReplyDelete

Share