Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New York stories

They talked for hours, she listened to what he said and looked him deep in the eyes when he spoke, as if she was trying to see what he was really like under the surface. They soon left the crowded sweaty room and walked together through the late New York night. She seemed to know the city like the back of her hand and showed him places he would never had seen without her.

Maybe, he thought as they walked, this is when everything starts over again. Maybe this is when everything finally falls into place.

He had always been a cynic, but one that thought it was somehow the easy way out. Somewhere beyond the liars, fakes and frauds there just has to be something real and true. There has to be someone who is honest and worth loving the way he wanted to love.

That's what he hoped for as he held her little hand in his and listened to her breathing in the summer air. He let his guard down for the first time, so it never occurred to him that when something seems a little too good to be true, it almost always is.

12 comments:

  1. this is intriguing. makes me want more

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'he let his guard down for the first time, so it never occurred to him that when something seems a little too good to be true, it almost always is' .... sad but true. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. It has the best name of any blog I've ever seen. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the way you shared.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful..
    Like your Blog ♥ I follow you :)

    Love :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for your comment, sweety!.
    I follow you, I hope you do the same!.
    xoxox from PerĂº.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool post)
    I follow your blog)
    Follow me?♥
    http://alinochkablog.blogspot.com/
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found your blog! love!

    xoxo
    b

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm want more! I just wanna hear more =[

    ReplyDelete

Share