Thursday, June 9, 2011

California dreams

Last night, mother announced that she has hired someone to "help out around the house", as she put it herself. He turned out to be a 200 pound Mexican package of muscles in his early thirties called Hernan. Mom presented him to me as I was having breakfast in bed. He smiled at me with his perfectly white Hollywood teeth, his bare tattooed over arms glistened in the late morning sun.

I'm guessing this is not the first overly rich but lonely woman he's ever been hired to "work" for. After lunch he drove away in his brand new Porsche Cayenne, and the only one that had eaten anything by then was me. Mom came out of the bedroom a few minutes later, her hair puffed up, the purple Lanvin silk chemise put on inside-out.

17 comments:

  1. i'm sorry love. seeing our parents make mistakes is so painful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is he in a band???

    (made a typo in the last comment)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your blog and I've now followed you! :) Your writings are mind-pleasing! :)
    Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive just started following your blog. You live in LA? wow.


    http://oliviatheenglishrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'm new to your blog, and the layout caught my attention right away, especially your picture. Oh, and I agree with "Wings to set me free".. I'm sorry.
    Anyways, interesting blog, therefore I choose to follow you !
    Have a great day :)x

    - staceymhli.blogspot.com -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, a woman does need help around the house now and again. Hernan seems to be quite fit for the job.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your mom hired a attractive guy. ;)
    I love your blog it's so beautiful and your writing is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a beautiful photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by my blog. In turn I found yours and it's so amazing. I love your writing and how you're very expressive. Following you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. sometimes a person needs help with all the loneliness... anyway he looks like a fun guy hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this picture ! :)
    xoxo And your blog is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha-ha she said tongue in cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely picture, and btw, it's ALWAYS the same story, also when you think it's not.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. maybe ill run into you by accident in LA =)



    you left me a comment that said "youre most welcome"
    what am i welcome for? i dont remember leaving you any comments =/
    i love your blog though, its very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piece of work, your mother. She must have graduated charm school right alongside mine right her in sunny California. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete

Share