Saturday, May 21, 2011

Through the Haze

It's a late winter's night although you can't tell by looking at the skies or the moon - I just feel it underneath my clothes. New year's eve, my father and I are driving through forests that have yet to burn down. We're not going anywhere in particular, just away from whatever's behind us, whatever we left in those cold stone houses along the endless LA boulevards. He smiles, we close our eyes just to see how far we can come without watching the road. On the radio we hear reports from New York, the ball is about to drop in Times Square. Soon it's 2005, my father's been dead for 5 years.

I wake up in my bed, it's so silent. The air around me is on fire.

11 comments:

  1. As always, dark and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this post was a movie and I was the music supervisor I'd use the song "Grapevine Fires" by Death Cab for Cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeerie dream. I can sense how much you miss your father in every post.

    By the way I gave you an award...
    I kind of forgot to mention which award so pick. Just wanted to mention your blog to my readers.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/2011/05/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ unreal. love your blog.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style of writing. The imagery is fantastic.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last sentence is beautiful, I think it is going to stick in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you woke did you cry, sigh, or smile?

    ReplyDelete

Share