Monday, May 16, 2011

Hold me closer

S came to me in the middle of the night to cry her heart out, I held her in my arms for hours and kissed the salt off her slender neck. She said it was because I'm the only one she trusts, and added: I know I can be at my most miserable with you because you never cry. I guess it's a compliment.

As her tears dried out on my shoulder and she fell asleep, I noticed the sun coming up as if nothing had happened. It seems the world is too busy to care about what's fair and what's not, and it feels as if nothing will ever change. Justitia isn't blindfolded for the sake of impartiality, she is so that she won't see all the shit that keeps happening to innocent good people.

10 comments:

  1. you are such an incredible writer. I hope your friend is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree you are a beautiful writer. i envy it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish her all the best :)
    really lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope your friend is doing well. and btw, i love this song!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you friend to be okay! Love blog
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your friend be okay!
    lovely song!
    xoxo
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect post..Keep blogging love you blog..Follow us and we will follow you back!Kisses from Greece!
    Modeliciousbites.x0x0
    http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOVE love love this joint <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore this song! i also adore how it's used in the movie "almost famous." which, based on your blog title, may relate to your mom. then again, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Share