Sunday, May 8, 2011

From dawn till dusk

The downside to waking up on the balcony of a Malibu beach house at 6 in the morning is that you might find some strange knocked out guy's hand under your YSL blouse. Other than that and the obvious consequences of drinking an entire bottle of Cointreau, I prefer dawn over dusk. Sunsets have such a melancholic quality to them, they always feel like the inevitable end of something good, like a silent fire ravaging the skies.

I've been afraid of the dark for as long as I can remember, because it reminds me of the fact that nothing lasts forever. Watching the sun set is like watching time turn the beauty of joyful days into memories, and soon enough that's all you'll have left of the life you once lived.

As I made my way home, S called and told me about her cousin. She said that God must hear her prayers and let him live so that they can see each other again soon.

If only...

14 comments:

  1. you write really beautifully. just found you, and i'm glad i did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh....if only....beautiful text. L.O.V.E

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, I feel the same way about sunsets <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your message! did you kmow, you write beautiful? i love it :)

    http://lemonxmelon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching the sun set is like watching time turn the beauty of joyful days into memories, and soon enough that's all you'll have left of the life you once lived.

    you are beautiful, Avy... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping i will too (: i made cookies tonight to distract myself then i ran and hid in my room with two of the cookies and threw them outside xP im such a cliche...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't entirely sure what you were referring to when you commented on my blog, but i'm glad you did, because without I probably never would have found yours.

    I've read a few posts and the way you write is amazing. There's something melancholic about it. I don't really know. I can see you get this a lot, but it really is beautiful. In some sort of bittersweet way.

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avy, i haven't been here in ages and now i will catch up with your beautiful posts.so good that people like you exist, makes me less weird and dark and alone, no matter how lame that sounded. I guess truth is individual and it changes and most important it has to be one's own, i guess thats what i meant. i believe in a reality that can be made all ours no matter if just for seconds or for one night, no matter if it means escaping someone else's.

    love,
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The words that you write are unbelievably beautiful!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never decide which one I like best--dawn or dusk. Dawn is amazing in how still everything is that moment just before the sun breaks the horizon. But I do love the night (I'm pretty sure I was some kind of predator in a past life; darkness makes me feel safe).

    You write beautifully!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have quite a way with words. (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you are such a great writer!! thanks for stopping by my site as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh thanks. you write soo beautifully.<3 btw, are these pictures taken by you?

    ReplyDelete

Share