Thursday, May 5, 2011

Enjoy the silence

After a humid night of incoherent Armagnac dreams, I end up spending the day at Venice Beach with Chloe, watching myself from the outside to the distant sound of airplanes approaching LAX. What if this was Nice, she says. I want to die at the Promenade des Anglais.

I remember being barefoot in the same sand last summer, waiting in devout silence for the sun to come up. It's barely been a year but feels like a lifetime. Chloe was there, maybe that's why I asked her to come with me, but we don't talk about our memories. I want to tell her about the strangely detached way in which I recall those vibrating emotions now. I want to ask her how she felt and if she thinks she'll ever feel that way again, but I don't. Instead I keep quiet and listen to her breathing calmly on my shoulder.

I would stand there in the middle of the street, all dressed in Chanel, she says drowsily, and Karl Lagerfeldt would run me over with a vintage Aston Martin.

9 comments:

  1. A glamorous demise indeed. I think I'd fall--as if from a cloud--in a red gown with a Grace Kelly train and I would let the fabric pull me into the ocean.

    And then there are days when I think 'Oh,no, today, I want to live forever.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! We should be friends! Thank you for being # 104 on my addiction list! You really can't get enough.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with Venice Beach when I went there. I was 9-years-old & loved everything about it. Still do

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful way with words.

    I love your about me section. About being a rainbow colored butterfly. I love butterflies for this reason. When I think of them I feel peaceful. I have one tatooed on my wrist and look at it often when I need a little calm in my life. I'd like to think I would be reincarnated (if there is such a thing) into beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!!
    I followed you!
    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing is beautiful! I've read through most of the archives by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get enough of your blog, you have such a way with words! I love that you live in Silverlake bc I can identify with so much of what you are saying :) Have a beautiful day!

    xo natasha

    http://garagegypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an amazing way with words.

    ReplyDelete

Share