Saturday, May 14, 2011

Don't look back in anger

Another drunken Friday night in an atmosphere of sweat and flashes of colored lights. I'm in the middle of a vibrating crowd but all alone inside my spinning head, as I see Chloe joyfully wrapped up in the tattooed arms of someone she's never met before. We're dancing on rose petals to our favorite songs but I'm caught in just one intrusive emotion, the little thorns they forgot to pick out: how long will this last?

Another shot of Tequila to push it all away, it's slowly working but fragments of the thought linger: when everything is over, what were these nights really worth? I'm there in body but not in mind, I can see myself moving but the feeling is another, distant and detached. Tomorrow it's just a memory. I drink more than I should but I need to numb myself.

Slip inside the eye of your mind
don't you know you might find
a better place to play
You said that you'd never been
but all the things that you've seen
will slowly fade away


The boy that held my hand just an hour ago comes to me through the smoke and asks: how are you feeling? The expression on his face when I answer I don't feel anything is one of confusion and fear. I see there's no point in trying to explain that it's really a good thing.

18 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of the song "Everbody But Me" by Lykke Li. Love your line, "when everything is over, what were these nights really worth?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog post (and I love your blogs title <3)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes feeling nothing is the best feeling in all the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice!
    Check out my blog and enter the IKKS give away if you like!

    xoxo Robine @
    WWW.CHOUCHOU-ROBINE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true and you've written it so beautifully.

    Love

    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re your blogtitel have u seen sweedens MJ copy googel viktor noren .....and then tell me.

    L.O.V.E /Oroshjärta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean. I feel like this alot. I adore your writing, it's beautiful. x

    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have an amazing talent of not only describing your emotions but also the setting in a manner that we can totally picture the entire 'scene' in our heads.
    I sure hope you turn all of this into a book someday.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to have found your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine... I'm off to explore some more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you started your post...another drunken friday night hahaha

    amandawojtas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible beautiful.

    http://iambackstage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is incredible. and relatable. x

    ReplyDelete

Share