Monday, April 11, 2011

Weightless

For the first time in months I slept all night and woke up feeling like a little bundle of cotton on a silk pillow at 8. I went back to sleep and dreamt about drowning, also for the first time but the first time ever. I've never been afraid of water, never claustrophobic, always confused falling with flying, but when I woke up again at 10 my room tilted. My bed was standing on the edge of a tall cliff, about to fall down and hit the rocks beneath it if I as much as lifted a finger.

It must have been an omen, only minutes later I heard keys in the lock to the front door downstairs. Mom is home again, after months on the road, God knows where. The only thing certain now is I'll have many more dreams about being trapped under water, not able to get out, get up over that glittering surface again.

4 comments:

  1. i wish i could sleep like that
    i wake up every day at 2 and 4 am it sux
    baby in my tummy is hungry all the time hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly enough, I had a dream last night that someone was drowning in front of me and no one did anything and there was nothing I could do. The night before I dreamt of standing at the bottom of a cliff, and jumping up to the top. I'm not sure that this has anything to do with your dreams, but it did strike a chord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny I have had drowning, sinking dreams similar to that, and when I wake up and the whole room tilts, I just feel like I am absolutely insane!

    Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by my little blog. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  4. your writing is beautiful, great blog x

    ReplyDelete

Share