Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Before they make me run

The first stop on his one way journey was London, where he bought more than a few Rolling Stones albums. He didn't have a record player but sat by the radio for hours waiting for their songs to come on. He had discovered music the first time he heard You can't always get what you want, but now the sound was different as well as the times.

I've been battered, what does it matter.

He wandered the streets alone, trying to enjoy as much as possible of the freedom of not being recognized by anyone. He felt like a new person, a bigger person, a better person. This was the beginning of the rest of his life, after that sad parenthesis called childhood.

It was just my imagination, once again
running away with me
It was just my imagination
running away with me


And soon: NYC.

10 comments:

  1. thank you :)

    nice blog!


    http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always leave it with a sense of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the way you write. It's so beautiful.
    And I agree with 'grey'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you for your comment. I've benn reading yours, and it's so beautiful the way you write =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the commen, you have such a great blog! Love this post! We could follow each other if you like!
    xx


    http://thecaramelpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. your way with words never ceases to captivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love so much your blog! it's really nice!!! just followed you! hope you can also follow mine!
    www.venusathermirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for your comment at my blog! love your blog and follow it now.

    ReplyDelete

Share