Friday, April 29, 2011

Are you there, Dolores?

Tonight: I'm back in that burnt down forest, standing alone in the midst of gasoline fumes and smoldering charcoal. I'm freezing even though the ground is still warm from the fire, a cloud of black ravens circulates silently over my head. I'm wearing an ivory white Victorian style wedding gown, a sheer lace veil covers my hair that's been carefully arranged to look like a butterfly. Amazingly, the dress doesn't seem to have a single stain on it, and the pink roses in my hands look newly cut, covered with little pear shaped raindrops.

Instead of music I hear the sound of sparks from the recent fire, instead of wedding guests a thousand stars are watching me from high above in the dark blue spring skies. I immediately know that I've been here before, but I don't recall when or why. I think I had someone with me then, I can still feel his presence like electricity in the air, even though I know we last met years and years ago.

As the severed branches around me start burning again I'm violently awakened. Mom's standing over my bed, looking at me as if she had seen a ghost. "What's wrong dear" she says, once again faking her concern. I don't know where to start so I just tell her it was a nightmare.

I guess it was, but that feeling of standing alone in the dark still lingers as well as the smell of gasoline. It's morning but I want to go back to sleep, back to that forest. Something else has yet to happen there, and I want to know what it means.

18 comments:

  1. Somwhere over the rainbow. L.O.V.E

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!!

    thanks for comment on my blog!
    i love your words! i follow you!
    i hope u'll follow me back

    www.hopethinkknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, les rêves inachevés... Quelle frustration!
    Mais bravo pour ton histoire romantique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you commented on my page otherwise i would have never found yours :)

    http://iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, dreams... it's a wonder how they can make us wishful sometimes... you are most beautiful, Avy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful love it
    www.rawfashionmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing writing. Thanks so much for dropping me a comment xox Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, yr blog is great! Follow each??

    Btw, I have my 1st giveaway in my blog, hope you are interested to join XD

    http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/2011/04/mrs-vintages-1st-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. About the name... Did your Mom Really.....?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely.

    Sarah
    x

    http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your writing, so mysterious...
    and kinda dark...

    I want more

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have a way with words...Beautiful post. I wanna read more from you so I am following your blog ! xxx

    http://fashionandcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you :)
    Btw... is it true, about your mother...?

    ReplyDelete
  14. oOooo my gosh, i've had this dream. avy
    you have poemed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing, beautiful, deep, gorgeus... i like so much your blog... i certanly follow you...
    if you want see my blog...i'm not very pratical...but i try!
    www.martintomywild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share